Flower Footprint: 4' x 4'
California Lightworks SolarSystem 550
California Lightworks’ SolarSystem 550 has been engineered to include the newest generation of high-efficiency LEDs and the most versatile control system available today. This high-performance commercial indoor LED lighting system is a great choice whether you want a single light for your grow tent or several hundred lights for a large commercial grow.
The SolarSystem 550 LED grow light addresses the problems with high-intensity discharge lighting by offering programmable spectrum control over multiple wavelengths. The SS 550 operates at 50-60 Hz only draws a maximum current of 3.3A @ 120 V, 1.65 A @ 240 V. Its energy consumption ranges from 0 - 400 watts, far exceeding the efficiency of traditional UVB grow lights.
California Lightworks’ full spectrum LED plant grow lights are chosen by professionals and home growers alike for their durability and energy efficiency. In addition, these high performance grow light systems deliver even lighting over a flowering coverage footprint of 4’ x 4’, and vegging coverage of 6’ x 6’. Home growers and commercial operations alike will benefit from this broad-spectrum growl light system that encourages photosynthesis and vigorous plant growth.
Powerful enough for veg or bloom, the Solar System 1100 requires the fully programmable spectrum control with the Solar System Controller (below).
Note: The SolarSystem controller works only with the California LightWorks SolarSystem 1100, 550, and 275. It can control an unlimited number of lights from a single controller. It allows automated programming for spectrum control, 24-hour timer, and day/week/month calendar.
- 6' power cord
- Communications Cable
SolarSystem 550 Features
- Programmable spectrum control
- Wireless or hard wired networking
- Smart lighting maximizes efficiency
- High intensity PAR output
- Fastest return on investment
- Waterproof (65 IP Rating for Damp & Wet Locations)
- Local technical support
- 5 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
- 90 Day No Questions Return Policy
Programmable Spectrum Control
- California Lightworks’ SolarSystem Controller allows you to adjust each of the three separate light spectrum channels automatically from 0% to 99%. You can adjust these manually or automatically with the built-in timer and calendar.
- Channel 1 - Red & Deep Red
- Channel 2 - Natural White View Mode
- Channel 3 - Blue and Deep Blue
- One controller can manage an unlimited number of California Lightworks’ LED grow lights or you can separate them into zones for a minimal cost.
- Imitate the sun and nature as well as set sunrise and sunset patterns for every season so you get natural patterns for improve growth.
- Variable Dark Period and finishing routines to maximize resin output.
- Programmable UVB and IR supplementation for more potent results.
High Efficiency and Low Maintenance
- The SolarSystem 550 can produce the same or greater harvest as a comparable HPS or MH light with an average of 40% less energy usage. Its advanced spectrum control improves efficiency and increases yields over old-fashion fixed spectrum lighting.
- The California Lightworks SolarSystem controller can be linked to a light sensor in a greenhouse to maximize wasted energy.
- CLW LED's are plug and play and lightweight so installation is a snap. Along with the advantages of never having to change a bulb again and the SS 550 is industry’s most efficient lighting system.
Guaranteed High Yields
- Engineered and manufactured using top-shelf Osram LED's driven to their maximum power rating with the 550’s active heat management system means higher power for higher yields.
- With adjustable spectrum control you can optimize blues and deep blues during vegging to produce vibrant growth, shorter spacing between nodes, and less stretching.
- Maximizing red and deep reds in the flowering stage to increase yields and resin output.
Highest Return On Investment.
- The Solar System 550’s advanced design and construction guarantees you get a high powered LED fixture at a very affordable price.
- The 550’s affordable price, lower energy usage and eliminating bulb replacement paired with increased yields means you get the best ROI in the industry.
- Smart controls for optimal energy usage.
Networking & Integration.
- The Solar System 550 is a “smart” networking grow light system that will evolve as software advancements improve functionality without having to go through expensive equipment upgrades.
- You can develop advanced lighting parameters and save them for any type of plants or growing conditions you need.
- Additional lighting equipment options can be added to the system including separate fixtures for UVB, infrared or specialized supplemental lighting.
- The SS 550 system can be integrated with light sensors or spectrum specific supplemental lighting for greenhouses.
- Options for PC, wireless, internet, and smart phone applications are also available.
Reliability and Support
- All California Lightworks LED's are manufactured completely in their Southern California factory.
- CLW has over 7 years of experience in designing and manufacturing the most reliable LED's of any brand.
- All fixtures are tested with a burn in period before shipping and offer a 24-hour service.
- Modular design makes for easy repair even after years of use.
SolarSystem 550 Details
Input Voltage 90-277V
Max Current 3.3A @ 120V, 1.65A @ 240V
Operating Frequency 50Hz - 60Hz
Power Consumption 400 Watts
Life Expectancy 50,000 Hours (LEDs and Fans)
Operating Temperature 0°F to 107°F
Power Factor > 0.95
Basic Spectrum Mixes for the SolarSystem 550
This table illustrates the basic spectrum mixes for various growth stages for plants in the flowering stage. These spectrum mixes were arrived upon after 8 years of research and experience with the California Lightworks growers network and are supported by university studies on varying spectrum's effects on plant morphology.
In general, blue light is essential for vegetative growth to produce lush growth and bushy plants. Red tends to make plants stretch in the veg stage but is important for high yields in fruit or flowering plants. The SolarSystem 550 allows you to dial in exactly the spectrum mix you need for any stage of plant growth.
||1 to 2*
||3 to 5*
||7 to 8*
*Weeks based on an 8-week flower cycle
SolarSystem 550 Specifications
6' x 6'
||4' x 4'
||18" x 8.5" x 4"
||16" - 24"