Flower Footprint: 4' x 4'
California Lightworks SolarSystem 550
The SolarSystem features the latest generation high-efficiency LEDs as well as the most versatile control system on the market. This commercial indoor LED lighting system is perfect for a single light in a tent or several hundred lights in a large commercial operation.
Overcoming the limitations of high-intensity discharge lighting systems, the SolarSystem 550 LED grow light system offers programmable spectrum control over multiple wavelengths. It operates at a frequency of 50-60 Hz and draws a maximum current of 3.3A @ 120 V, 1.65 A @ 240 V. Power consumption ranges from 0-400 W, which is exceptional compared to traditional UVB grow lights.
In fact, our full spectrum horticulture LED lights are some of the most durable, energy efficient commercial LED grow lights on the market. Plus, this grow light system provides uniform lighting over a maximum bloom coverage area of 4 x 4 feet, and a vegetative coverage zone of 6 x 6 feet. Single users and users of commercial grow lights can benefit from a broad-spectrum system that supports photosynthesis and robust plant growth.
These large indoor LED grow lights are designed to improve yield and visual conditions, making it easy for growers to assess their crops in any environment.
Veg: up to 6' x 6'
Bloom: 4' x 4'
Powerful enough for veg or bloom, the Solar System 1100 requires the fully programmable spectrum control with the Solar System Controller (below).
Note: The SolarSystem controller works only with the California LightWorks SolarSystem 1100, 550, and 275. It can control an unlimited number of lights from a single controller. It allows automated programming for spectrum control, 24-hour timer, and day/week/month calendar.
- 6' power cord
- Communications Cable
SolarSystem 550 Features
- Veg: 6' x 6' ; Bloom: 4' x 4'
- Programmable spectrum control
- Wireless or hard wired networking
- Smart lighting maximizes efficiency
- High intensity PAR output
- Fastest return on investment
- Waterproof (65 IP Rating for Damp & Wet Locations)
- Local technical support
- 5 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
- 90 Day No Questions Return Policy
Programmable Spectrum Control
- With the SolarSystem Controller, you can automatically adjust each of the three separate light spectrum channels from 0% to 99%. This can be done manually or automatically using the built in timer and calendar.
- Channel 1 - Red & Deep Red
- Channel 2 - Natural White View Mode
- Channel 3 - Blue and Deep Blue
- A single controller can control a virtually unlimited number of fixtures from a single point or can be separated into zones at minimal cost.
- Automated programs for sunrise and sunset that mimic nature as well as programs for spring, summer and fall for more natural accruing patterns that improve growth.
- Variable Dark Period and finishing routines to maximize resin output.
- Programmable UVB and IR Supplementation will result in a more potent end product.
High Efficiency and Low Maintenance
- The SolarSystem 550 will produce the same yield as an HPS or MH light with an average of 40% less energy usage. Using the advanced spectrum control system will further increase efficiency and yield compared to old fashion fixed spectrum lighting.
- The SolarSystem controller can be linked to a light sensor in a greenhouse to maximize wasted energy.
- CLW LED's are plug and play and very light weight so installation is streamlined. Add that to the advantage of never changing a bulb and you have the industry’s most efficient lighting system.
Highest Yields. Guaranteed.
- Top of the Line Osram LED's are driven to their maximum power rating using the exclusive active heat management system from California Lightworks. Higher power equals higher yields.
- Using the adjustable spectrum control to maximize blues and deep blues during the vegetative stage produces lush growth, shorter spacing between nodes and less stretching.
- Maximizing red and deep reds in bloom to increase yield and resin output.
Best Value. Highest Return On Investment.
- The Solar System 550 features advanced design and manufacturing that produces a high powered LED fixture at a very reasonable cost.
- Lower purchase cost, reduced energy usage and the elimination of replacement bulbs matched with higher yields means the best return on investment in the industry.
- Smart controls for optimal energy usage.
Networking & Integration.
- The Solar System is an intelligent networking light system that will evolve through software advances without having to upgrade equipment.
- Advanced lighting parameters can be developed and saved for any type of plants or growing conditions.
- Additional lighting equipment options can be added to the system including separate fixtures for UVB, infrared or specialized supplemental lighting.
- The system can be integrated with light sensors daylight harvesting or spectrum specific supplemental lighting in greenhouses.
- Options are also available for PC, wireless, internet, and smart phone applications
Highest Reliability. Best Support
- All California Lightworks LED's are produced entirely in their factory in Southern California.
- CLW has over 7 years of experience in designing and producing the most reliable LED's of any brand.
- All fixtures are tested with a burn in period before shipping and offer a 24-hour service.
- Modular design makes for easy repair even after years of use.
SolarSystem 550 Details
Input Voltage 90-277V
Max Current 3.3A @ 120V, 1.65A @ 240V
Operating Frequency 50Hz - 60Hz
Power Consumption 400 Watts
Life Expectancy 50,000 Hours (LEDs and Fans)
Operating Temperature 0°F to 107°F
Power Factor > 0.95
Basic Spectrum Mixes for the SolarSystem 550
The following table are basic spectrum mixes for various growth stages for flowering plants. These spectrum mixes have been determined from 8 years of experience with the California Lightworks grower network, and are supported by various university studies on varying spectrum effects on Plant Morphology.
In general, blue light is essential in vegetative growth and produces lush growth and bushy plants. Red tends to make plants stretch in vegetative growth but is key for high yields in fruit or flowering plants. The SolarSystem 550 allows you to dial in exactly the spectrum mix needed for any phase of growth.
||1 to 2*
||3 to 5*
||7 to 8*
*Weeks based on an 8-week flower cycle
6' x 6'
||4' x 4'
||18" x 8.5" x 4"
||16" - 24"